Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Apply out of direct sunlight and where there is good ventilation. This prevents the wood stain from drying
- Stir the contents of the tin thoroughly before and periodically during use
- Apply a minimum of 2 coats with a brush, spray (10% dilution with water) or suitable roller
- On new or heavily exposed timber, Liberon recommend applying a third coat when using a light coloured stain
- Ideal conditions for application are between 12°C and 25°C on wood that is not too hot in order to avoid drying marks
- Allow 4 hours drying time between coats and 24 hours after final coat
Please Note: Liberon Extreme Woodstain offers up to 10 years' protection, provided that it is applied to new wood (with the exclusion of temperate hardwoods, i.e. oak, red cedar and iroko), old wood or
renovated wood that is clean, bare, sound and non-greasy.
It should be applied in accordance with the above Application instructions. Exposure should be on vertical woodwork only. For South and South-West exposure, apply 3 coats. The guarantee is limited to reimbursing the cost of the product (when accompanied by a receipt) and only relates to the finish of the wood stain.