About our Company Culture
Wood Finishes Direct’s culture is to simply delight its customers. When this is done everything
else slots into place. Staff satisfaction, evolving company ideas, company growth and much more.
This ethos should run deep in the successful applicant’s veins. Whether you work directly with
our customers or provide an internal service to our colleagues. This unwavering passion is what
draws us together to provide a seamless and efficient journey for our customers.
We’re the UK's leading online retailer of wood finishing products and we’re proud of it. Our
formula is giving attentive and thorough customer service, providing the most suited products at
competitive prices and giving our customers a constantly improving shopping experience. It’s a
winning formula and we’re not slowing down.
We operate a busy office, shop trade counter and warehouse. We drive a large volumes of sales and
have established a reputation for giving accurate, unbiased advice, so previous experience in a
fast paced shop or trade counter is required.
As a Store Manager you’ll show your team how it’s done as you take your first step on the Wood
Finishes Direct management ladder.
- It’ll be fast.
- It’ll be challenging.
- It’ll be rewarding.
Prior knowledge of the Wood finishing/coatings industry is required.
Whether you’re out front, or in the office, you’re always thinking about people. About your
customers. About your team. Delivering memorable customer service is what will keep our
customers happy and coming back, and you’ll keep your team happy by getting stuck in and leading
by example. You’ll make everything run smoothly from cash reconciliations, to customer queries
and stock management.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, with exceptional customer service skills, work well
in a team and possess the ability to think fast on their feet. A good understanding of maths and
English is required as you will frequently need to do area and volume calculations over the
phone and reply to customer care emails, livechat and reviews.
What we are looking for
- An experienced Manager, used to managing a team (minimum two years experience) must include experience in the coatings/paints/finishing industry
- Passionate about business and its success
- Communicates efficiently and responds positively and constructively to instructions from different levels of management
- Constantly strives for self improvement and ways to improve initiative - especially when determining the profit margin based on the enquiry of size, quantity and area
- Regular 1:1’s with the Trade Counter Assistant to help develop them to reach their full potential
- In line with all policies, strategies and procedures agreed with Board of Directors - the implementation of a proactive sales, products and services strategy such that growth targets are met year on year
- Being the key point of contact for any fire, first aid or security related issues
- Financial Acumen
- 5 passing GCSE/O Level qualifications
- Two years experience in Store management
- IT skills at an intermediate level
- H&S safety trained
- Fire safety trained
- HR experience at Management level
Duties will include
- Quality control
- Day to day running of the trade counter, serving customers and meeting requirements
- Product manufacturing/mixing
- End of day cashing up
- Shop stock rotation and management
- Live chat
- Check in customer returns
- Pre order management
- Timesheet and rota management
- Refunds and reconciliations
- Shop design
- Sales and cross sell targets
- Product locations
- Health and safety
- Full training given
Salary £26,000 per annum plus bonus plus wage reviews