Wood Finishes Direct is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulations.
What Personal Information do we ask for?
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes
- To answer any questions you may have or information you may have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- Keeping track of transactions and enquiries
- Sending you marketing material about products, services and promotions
- For market research purposes to help improve our products and services To let you know of any important changes or developments about our products, services and to our website
- To administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- To communicate with you in the event that any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- For record keeping purposes
- To track your activity on our digital platforms
- To personalise and tailor any communications that we may send you
- For profiling purposes to enable us to personalise and/or tailor any marketing communications that you may consent to receive from us
- To send basket abandonment emails, to remind you if you've left products in your basket
- The use of information on previous orders to assist with the purchasing of future orders and repeat orders to ensure product comparability
We will not disclose any information to any third parties without your consent, except for necessary delivery details in the case of a supplier who ships a product directly to you. In the unlikely event we need to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. Also, we will securely give your details to our Email Provider. This is so we can send you the best possible tailored marketing emails.
When we provide you with products or services we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us. We may, for example, keep a record of your name, address, delivery address, email address & telephone number.
When you sign up with us for an online account, register to receive marketing communications from us (and/or our sponsors and partners), enter one of our competitions, fill in one of our forms (whether online or offline) or otherwise expressly provide us with your personal information, we may collect and store any personal information that you provide to us and may use it to personalise and improve your experience on our digital platforms, provide products and services you request from us, and carry out profiling and market research. We may also use another platform to contact you via so you receive only the best marketing emails and transactional emails.
We will ask for information such as your name, postal address, email address and payment details. When placing an order through our online shop, we'll need your credit/debit card details (including card number, cardholder name and expiry date) for us to take payment and confirm the order online. We will never store your bank details on our servers. We may also ask you for your telephone number so that, if needed, you can be contacted regarding your order.
This information will be kept accurate and up to date. It is held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. We advise that you contact us if you wish to make any changes to the information we hold about you.
How we protect your information
All the information you give us is protected by a secure server. The secure server software TLS (Transport Layer Security) encrypts the information you enter before it is sent to our web site, and whenever it is sent to our payment gateway for processing. You can tell our site is secure as a small locked padlock will appear in your browser's status bar to show that you can safely send sensitive information (such as credit card details) to our website. Another indicator is that our secure pages will not display a 'security alert' message. You should also check the browser's address bar and make sure the address begins with 'https://'. We have a secure hardware firewall in place on our server to further protect the information we store.
When do we collect information from you?
When you interact with our digital platforms, we may also automatically collect the following information about your visit. This is primarily to help us better understand how our customers use our digital platforms to enable us to create better content:
- How you have reached our digital platform and the internet protocol (IP) address you have used
- Your browser type, versions and plug-ins, and your operating system
- Your journey through our digital platform, including which links you click on and any searches you made, how long you stayed on a page, and other page interaction information
- Which pop up or push messages you might have seen and responded to
- Your subscription status
- Information collected in any forms you complete
News, offers and opportunities from us
If you have chosen to tick the ‘Opt-in’ box when setting up an account for some advice, the information we collect from you will be used to keep you informed of products, services (including special offers, discounts, competitions etc.) which we consider may be of interest to you by email.
If you would prefer not to receive marketing material from us, you can update your preferences in Email Preferences under your account details. Feel free to unsubscribe anytime at the bottom of each marketing email or by clicking here.
If you would not like to share any of your data with us at all, you simply have the right to be forgotten. We can delete your details from our system almost immediately, just give us a call.
We may monitor or record telephone calls for security purposes and to improve the quality of services that we provide to you.
Please note that for your safety and security, CCTV is in operation in all of our premises.
Our web site uses temporary 'session' cookies to uniquely identify you so that we can operate your shopping basket. To use our shopping basket, you must set your browser to allow temporary 'session' cookies. Temporary cookies are deleted from your computer as soon as you close your browser window. We may also use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of our visitors to our site to improve the overall customer experience.