Terms and Conditions
- Cancelling your Order
- Our Returns Policy
- Discount Codes
- The owner of this web site is Wood Finishes Direct Limited, Registration number 05556432.
Your contract for purchases made through the Site is with Wood Finishes Direct
- No contract for the sale of any product will exist between you and WFD until your goods
- To ensure that your debit or credit card is not being used without your consent, we will
validate the name, address and other personal information supplied by you during the order process
against relevant third party databases including fraud prevention agencies and registered Credit
Reference agencies, who may keep a record of that information. By accepting these terms and conditions
you consent to such checks being made. We shall be entitled to process your data in accordance with
will be treated securely and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- You undertake that all details you provide to WFD for the purpose of ordering or purchasing goods
are correct, that the debit or credit card, or PayPal account you are using is your own and
that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods ordered.
- If you choose to optionally save a debit or credit card as a payment method during the checkout process, you are providing WFD with continuous authority
to automatically charge that card to obtain the relevant amount when you use the card as the payment method for any future orders.
You can remove the continuous authority for any saved card by removing that card as a saved payment method in your customer account.
- Unless otherwise stated, all prices include VAT (where applicable).
Cancelling your Order
Before we have dispatched your order
If you wish to cancel your order before we have dispatched it, contact us by phone for a full refund. We normally dispatch
orders quite quickly after they have been placed, so it's best to call us rather than emailing us in
After we have dispatched your order
If you wish to cancel your order after it has been dispatched, you can do so up to 14 days
after the date you receive your goods for a full refund. You will
need to give us written cancellation notice via email or by post. Goods must be returned to us in line with our
Returns Policy below.
Our Returns Policy
Please visit our returns page
Refunds can take up to 7 days to process. If you have returned goods to us,
generally once we receive the goods back we will issue any refund due straight away, but it may take
up to 7 working days to appear on your bank statement. Please note that any credit card fees paid
at time of ordering are non-refundable. Refunds will only be made back to the credit/debit card, or
PayPal account used, or the person/organisation named on any cheque payments for the original purchase.
Refunds will not include any outbound delivery cost charged at the time of order unless the goods
delivered were faulty, damaged or sent to you as a result of our error. Wood Finishes Direct will only
refund the cost of products returned in accordance with our Returns Policy.
We use couriers to deliver orders. For more details, please see our
Delivery Information page.
Discount codes used on the site cannot be used with any other discounted products, today-only offers,
delivery discounts, or special offers unless explicitly defined. Only one discount (or discount code) can be active per order.
If a discount code is invalid you will be informed why when you enter the code on the site.
Discount codes may have an expiry date and/or minimum spend limits. Any discount reliant upon a previous order will only become valid and applicable once the previous order has been dispatched, delivered and fully satisfied. Green delivery discounts are valid for one year.
Should there be a cause for complaint, please visit our contact us page. Our aim is to always respond within 24 hours. If your email is received on a weekend then we will endeavour to respond the following working day.
This is the user agreement which governs your use of this website and/or the purchase by you of the
services and products we provide.
Wood Finishes Direct Ltd, herein known as "WFD" will supply: -
- (i) Goods of a quality within the constraints of manufacture of wood
- (ii) Goods in the quantities ordered and will supply the customer an invoice
for the quantity supplied.
- On receipt of an order WFD will quote a delivery date if requested, but, while every effort will
be made by WFD to dispatch goods on time such date is given and intended as an estimate only. Time
shall not be of the essence of this contract and WFD shall not be liable to make good any damage or
loss whether arising directly or indirectly out of delay in delivery.
- Any shortage or damage or dispute with regard to the condition must be notified to WFD and carrier
within three working days of delivery.
- (i) The ownership and title to the goods shall remain with WFD which reserves the
right to dispose of the goods until payment in full for all the goods have been
received by it in accordance with the terms of this contract until such time as the
buyer sells the goods to its customers by way of sale at full market value. If such
payment is overdue in whole or in part the seller may (without prejudice to any of
its other rights) recover or resell the goods or any of them and may enter upon the
commencement of any act or proceeding in which the buyer's solvency is involved. If
any of the goods are incorporated in or used as material for other goods before such
payment the property in the whole of such goods shall be and remain with the Company
until such time as payment has been made or the other goods shall have been sold as
aforesaid, and all the Company's rights hereunder in the goods shall extend to those
- (ii) Until the Company is paid in full for all the products the relationship of
the buyer to the seller shall be fiduciary in respect of the products or other goods
in which they are incorporated or used and if the same are sold by the buyer the
Company shall have the right to trace the proceeds thereof according to the principals
in RE HALLETTS ESTATE (1880). A like right for the Company shall apply where the buyer
uses the goods in any way so as to be entitled to payment through a Third Party.
- In accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998, payment of WFD's
invoice shall be made within 30 days net from the date the goods were invoiced. If payment is not made
on or before that date WFD shall be entitled to charge daily interest at 8% above the Bank of England
base rate per annum on any outstanding amount. WFD reserve the right to also include a compensation
- In the event of non-payment of an invoice the buyer shall pay all WFD's expenses, including legal
costs which may be incurred by WFD in recovering the goods or payment of the outstanding amount.
- These terms and conditions may only be varied in writing by WFD and these terms and conditions
shall override any terms or conditions stipulated, incorporated or referred to by the buyer whether in
the order or in any negotiations.
- VAT - WFD shall be entitled to charge the amount of VAT payable whether or not included on a
quotation or an invoice.
- Special Orders - WFD reserves the right to administer a surcharge for the production of any non
standard products. Such as in the case of a buyer wanting to purchase a product that requires being
specially formulated in order to meet with the buyers colour requirements.
- These terms and conditions and the contract shall be subject to and construed in accordance with