Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Please note: This product must be stirred thoroughly before and periodically during use and especially so for the 'White' dye. The colour pigments tend to settle and stick to the bottom of the tin and shaking alone is often not enough to dislodge and adequately mix them. We recommend the use of a strong mixing stick or screwdriver to thoroughly mix this product, taking care to ensure that the colour pigments are dislodged from the bottom of the tin.
If more than one tin of dye is required to complete the work, mix the tins of dye together to ensure a uniform colour.
- Apply the wood dye fairly quickly along the grain using a brush or foam applicator pad
- Wipe off excess with a clean, dry, lint-free cotton cloth before it dries to even out the colour
- On large surfaces such as floors, avoid overlap marks by working on one small section at a time
- A second coat may be applied after 2 hours if a stronger colour is required
- More than two coats of dye may affect the final finish
Please Note: Caution must be taken when using water-based finishes over Liberon Palette Wood Dye. Keep brush
strokes to a minimum as over brushing may lift out the colour. Do not mix a water-based dye with a spirit-based dye.