Always do a small test area to assess consistency and compatibility of the finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply when air / substrate temperatures are below 8℃ or above 25℃, or if the relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying periods. Protect from water until dry. Failure to meet these requirements may adversely affect the drying, visual quality and durability of the finish.
Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application, otherwise sheen may be affected and colour variations may be experienced. Sadolin Interior Stain is supplied ready for use and does not require thinning. However, on particularly porous surfaces, large surfaces, and panelled doors, in order to aid application the first coat may be thinned up to 50% with clean water.
- For best results, use a good quality synthetic fibre bristle brush specifically designed for the application of waterborne products
- Apply 1 or more full coats (depending on the depth of colour required), following the direction of the wood grain, ensuring all surfaces and end grains are fully coated
- Avoid over brushing as this will cause brush marks and result in a poor quality finish
- Allow 2-4 hours drying time between coats
Please Note: Water-borne products can often lead to raised grain on some timber surfaces causing them to feel rough to the touch. It is possible to reduce the occurrence of 'grain raising' by wiping the timber surface with a damp, lint-free cloth, allowing to dry and 'de-nibbing' the surface prior to the application of the first coat of Sadolin Interior Stain.
- Denib using a fine grade nylon abrasive pad or a fine grade (P240 or finer) wet or dry silicone carbide abrasive paper in the direction of the grain
- Do not break through the surface coating
- Remove any sanding dust
- All subsequent coatings should be applied as soon as possible after the previous coat has fully dried
Clean brushes and equipment with warm, soapy water and rinse with clean water immediately after use. If spilled, Sadolin Interior Stain should be removed immediately while still wet, using clean water.