Always do a small test area to before beginning any project to assess consistency and compatibility of the finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply if there is a risk of rain, or when air / substrate temperatures are below 8℃ or above 25℃, or if the relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying periods. Protect from frost and rain until dry. Failure to meet these requirements may adversely affect the drying, visual quality and durability of the finish.
Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application, otherwise sheen variations may be experienced. This product is supplied ready for use. Do not thin.
- Apply in a full flowing coat, ensuring all surfaces and end grains are fully coated
- For best results, use a good quality, long-haired, soft bristle brush
- Where possible, Sadolin Outdoor Varnish should be applied all round prior to fixing
- Pay special attention to end grain, tops and bottoms of doors, and undersides of sills
- Apply 2 or 3 coats of Sadolin Outdoor Varnish, dependent on the requirements of your project
- Allow 16-24 hours drying time between coats
Clean brushes and equipment with a proprietary brush cleaner immediately after use. If spilled, the varnish should be removed immediately while still wet, using clean white spirit.