Always do a small test area before beginning any project to assess the colour, consistency and compatibility of the finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply if there is a risk of rain, or when air / substrate temperatures are below 10°C, or the relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying periods. Protect from frost and rain until dry. Failure to meet these requirements may adversely affect the drying and protection afforded by the preservative.
Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application. Sadolin Wood Preserver is supplied ready for use and must not be thinned.
Application by Brush
- For best results, use a natural bristle brush
- Apply 2 coats in the direction of the wood grain
- Each coat should be applied liberally until saturation is reached
- With end grains in particular, this is best achieved by applying 'wet on wet' until the timber refuses to absorb any more preservative
- Allow a minimum of 24 hours between applications
Short Time Immersion
- Requires an immersion period of 3-10 minutes
- Allow a minimum of 72 hours drying before further treatment with water-borne paints and woodstain systems
Clean brushes and equipment with a proprietary brush cleaner immediately after use. If spilled remove immediately whilst still wet, using clean white spirit.