Always do a test area before starting any project to assess performance and end result. Follow the manufacturers instructions on the tin at all times.
Morrells Opaque Hydrocarbon Free Pre-Catalyst Primer is supplied ready for use (RFU) but can be thinned up to 5% by volume with Morrells Hydrocarbon Free Thinners, if required.
Optimum application is achieved between 18°C and 22°C with good air movement and ventilation. Finished products should not be subjected to environments with temperatures of < 2°C.
- Apply primer with a spray applicator
- Leave adequate time between coats
- Do not apply more than 3 coats in one day, as excessive coating weights can lead to cracking or lifting
- Denib between coats to aid adhesion
Typical Finish: 1-2 coats Primer at 95g/m² per coat ( Dry Film Thickness ~ 40µ per coat), over-coated with Morrells White Precatalyst Lacquers or Morrells Fastmatch Precatalyst Lacquers.
Spray applicators can be cleaned after use with Morrells Equipment Cleaner.
Some Points of Note
- Care should be taken to avoid pooling or bridging when applying to raised profiles or rebates, as this may lead to cracking
- Do not overcoat with 1K or 2K Polyurethane (PU) products
- Use only the recommended thinner. Use of non-recommended thinner can cause uneven/patchy drying
- Use 2007/200 Anti-Chill Thinners when applying in conditions of high atmospheric humidity, using a maximum of 5% by volume
- Use 2007/201 Retarder Thinners to slow down the drying in warm conditions, using a maximum of 5% by volume
- Product should be stored above 5°C and protected from frost
- Out of scope with 2004/42/EC Directive
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.