Always do a small test area before starting any project to assess performance and end result. Follow the manufacturers instructions on the tin at all times.
Morrells 329 High Build Pre-Catalyst MDF Sealer is supplied ready for use but can be thinned with Morrells Hydrocarbon Free Thinners, if required. This product can be tinted with Morrells Light Fast Wood Stain up to a maximum of 5% by volume.
Optimum application is achieved between 18°C and 22°C with good air movement and ventilation.
- Apply the basecoat with a spray applicator
- Leave adequate drying time between coats
- Denib between coats to aid with adhesion
- Do not apply more than 3 coats in one day, as excessive coating weights can lead to cracking or lifting
Typical Finish: 1-2 coats at 75g/m² per coat (Dry Film Thickness ~ 26µ per coat) coat on coat or over Morrells recommended basecoat/sealers. Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.
Spray applicators can be cleaned after use with Morrells Equipment Cleaner.
Some Points of Note
- Care should be taken to avoid pooling or bridging when applying to raised profiles or rebates, as this may lead to cracking
- Do not overcoat with 1K or 2K Polyurethane (PU) products
- This range is not suitable for "pulling over"
- Use 2007/200 Anti-Chill Thinners when applying in conditions of high atmospheric humidity, using a maximum of 5% by volume
- Use 2007/201 Retarder Thinners to slow down the drying in warm conditions, using a maximum of 5% by volume
- Use only the recommended thinner, as use of non-recommended thinner can cause uneven / patchy drying
- Product should be stored above 5°C and protected from frost
- Finished products should not be subjected to environments with temperatures of < 2°C
Using these products in systems outside these guidelines can lead to immediate and latent problems with the integrity of the finish.