Always do a test area to assess product suitability before starting any project. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Wood should be frost free when treated. Do not apply in damp conditions or if rain is imminent. Protek Wood Preserver Plus is a ready-to-use product and does not need to be diluted. The temperature of the wood and product should not be below 10°C or above 30°C.
For professional use, this product can be applied by dipping (or flow coating) in special facilities and equipment, or by spraying in closed devices. For regular DIY use, apply the product with a synthetic brush.
- Stir product thoroughly before use
- Apply the wood preserver with a synthetic brush, spreading out thinly and evenly along the wood grain
- Apply 2-3 coats, depending on wood species and surface characteristics, leaving 6 hours between coats
Drying time: 4-6 hours under normal conditions (20°C / 65% rel. humidity). Low temperatures, increased humidity and ingredients of some wood types may increase drying time.
Some Points of Note
- Handle product and dry freshly treated wood in areas of good ventilation
- Keep freshly treated wood roofed or otherwise protected against rain until complete dryness
- During application to in situ timbers and whilst surfaces are drying do not contaminate soil and surface waters with product
- Avoid release to the environment, do not empty into drains and do not allow this product to reach aquatic environments, the ground or sewer system
- Protect soil, plants, aquatic environments from splashes of product
Clean tools immediately after use with warm water, subsequently rinse with clear water or use a commercial brush cleaner.