Always do a test area before beginning any project to asses suitability and compatibility. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Allow the product to reach room temperature. Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 30-60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen drying time. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
- Shake container thoroughly before use and insert the supplied filter
- It is recommended to pour through an external strainer so as to ensure that the product is completely homogenous
- Apply using a microfiber roller, avoiding build up
- Start the application by stroking the roller along the room's edge, going wall to wall, along the grain of the wood
- Use a brush to reach all the way out to the edge
- Smooth the brush application with the roller
- Stroke once again with the roller, wall to wall, but leave a small space between the previous roller strokes
- Close and smooth out the gap on your return
- Repeat in the same manner until the entire floor has been treated
- Allow to dry for approx. 2-3 hours and then lightly sand or denib using a sanding screen (grit 150 or finer) or the Bona Scrad system to reduce grain raise
- Remove any sanding dust
- If a more intense white look is desired, then apply an additional layer of Bona White Primer - the more coats applied, the more whitening is achieved
The level of whiteness will depend upon the number of coats applied. The more coats of Bona White, the whiter the appearance. It is not recommended to apply more than two full coats per day due to risk of excessive wood swelling.
Bona White is primarily intended for strip and plank floors laid in falling lengths. The risk of visible application marks increases if applying diagonally or across the grain of the wood. Additional care is needed if such floors are undertaken.