Always do a test area prior to use to assess product suitability and performance. Blanchon Powerful can be applied by machine or by hand and does not foam. Never pour water directly onto parquet or wooden floors, only use applicators which are properly wrung out from water excess.
- For surfaces coated with Blanchon Original Wood Environment, Blanchon Opaque Oil Environment or any other water-based oil, dilute 100ml of Powerful Cleaner (2 cups) in 5 litres of clean, warm water
- For surfaces coated with Blanchon Hard Wax Oil, Blanchon Hard Wax Oil Tints or other traditional wood oils, dilute 200ml of Powerful Cleaner (4 cups) in 5 litres of warm water
- Apply the solution to the floor surface using a microfibre mop or cloth
- Buffing machines fitted with a red or green abrasive pad can also be used
- Once the solution has been applied, leave it on for several minutes
- Collect any accumulated dirt with a vacuum cleaner or a floor squeegee, and then wipe up with a microfibre cloth
- Wipe floors with clean, warm water using a well wrung out mop or cloth
Rinse applicators thoroughly with water immediately after use. Wring them out properly and wipe them dry.
Once floors are dry, the following precautions should be taken:
- To help avoid build-up of dirt, place adequate covers (ideally made of felt) under the legs of chairs and tables
- If necessary, place a doormat at the entrance to the room, which will keep dust and gravel from spreading
- Do not allow any water or other liquid spillages on the oiled surface if avoidable, and clean up any spillages immediately
- Clean with a vacuum cleaner or broom on a regular basis to remove surface dust and dirt