Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product performance and suitability. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tube at all times.
Before using the adhesive the following climatic conditions must be met (values for Central Europe):
- Air temperature: min. 18°C
- Floor temperature: min. 15°C (with underfloor heating max. 20°C)
- Relative humidity: max. 70%
The adhesive must, if necessary, be brought to the right temperature prior to application.
- Apply R880 Adhesive with a cartridge gun
- After opening the cartridge the required amount of adhesive is pressed out and applied to one of the substrates
- The other substrate is pressed in during the open time of approx. 10 minutes
- Depending on initial load, it may be necessary to fix the parts in place until setting has occurred
- The bonding process can be accelerated by spraying little amounts of water on the substrate or spread adhesive
- If on the sub floor the applied adhesive has a skin, remove adhesive and re-apply
- If excess adhesive is exuded it should be carefully removed with a filler knife or other suitable tool
After 6 - 12 hours it is possible to apply load or stress, depending on temperature and humidity conditions.