Always apply a small test area before beginning any project to assess consistency and compatibility of the product. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times. Before use, the following climatic conditions must be met (values for Central Europe):
- Air temperature: min. 18°C
- Floor temperature: min. 15°C (with underfloor heating max. 20°C)
- R.H: max. 70%
The primer itself must, if necessary, be brought to the right temperature.
- Apply the primer evenly to the substrate using a brush or roller
- Avoid the formation of pools
- Allow to dry to a transparent film
- Occasionally, foaming can happen, due to high consumption
- Can be used as a moisture barrier up to 4CM%, by applying a second layer of Bona R540 within 24 hours
Please see minimum drying time for the different adhesives in the table below:
- Bona R770/R777/R778: 1 hour
- Bona R845/R870T: 4 hours
- Bona R844/R848/R850/R850T/R860: 24 hours
High relative air humidity and temperature will shorten the drying time; low air humidity and
temperature will lengthen the drying time. When in doubt a longer drying time is recommended.
Please note: Due to the formulation of this product, it is unlikely that any application rollers or brushes will be salvageable after use.
- Primer: Approx. 100-150g/m2
- Damp proofing up to 4 CM%: Approx. 250-350g/m2