Always do a small test area before beginning any project to assess colour, consistency and compatibility of the finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply at temperatures below 8°C or above 25°C during application or drying periods. At time of application the floor temperature should be between 10°C and 25°C. Apply when relative humidity does not exceed 65%. Avoid direct sunlight on the floor during application of the varnish. Protect from water until dry. Failure to meet these requirements may adversely affect the drying, visual quality and durability of the finish.
Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application, otherwise sheen and colour variations may be experienced. Sadolin Polyurethane Floor Varnish is supplied ready for use. Do not thin.
- For best results use a good quality, synthetic fibre bristle brush specifically designed for the application of waterborne products. The varnish can also be applied using a microfibre roller or paint pad
- Apply in full flowing coats, laying off in the direction of the grain, ensuring all surfaces and end grains are fully coated
- Finish with 3 full coats of Polyurethane Floor Varnish allowing 2-4 hours drying time between coats
- Avoid over-brushing as this will cause brush marks and result in a poor quality finish
- Carefully de-nib between coats using a fine grade nylon abrasive pad or a fine grade (P240 or finer) wet or dry silicone carbide abrasive paper in the direction of the grain, being careful not to break through the surface coating. Remove any sanding dust with a vacuum
- All subsequent coatings should be applied as soon as possible after the previous coat has fully dried
- Keep foot traffic to a minimum for the first 24 hours after the final coat and avoid putting rugs down for 7 days for the varnish to thoroughly cure
Clean brushes and equipment with warm, soapy water and rinse with clean water immediately after use. If spilled, Sadolin Polyurethane Floor Varnish should be removed immediately while still wet, using clean water.