Always do a small test area before beginning any project to assess results. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply in temperatures above 25°C or below 10°C. Lower temperatures will reduce effectiveness. Do not apply Decking Stripper in direct sunlight or to a hot surface, otherwise it will dry out too quickly.
Shake tin thoroughly before pouring the stripper into a suitable metal or plastic container. Stir before and during use.
- Apply Ronseal Decking Stripper in sections that you can complete within 10 minutes, i.e. 2/3 boards at a time, using a decking brush
- If using a brush, use a good sized brush, around 4 inches, to apply a thick layer
- Ensure you leave an area free of product to walk on; decking should not be walked on once the stripper has been applied
- Keep the surface wet with product while it is working. Do not allow it to dry out during this time, as it will reduce its effectiveness. If the Stripper begins to dry, apply more
- After 30 minutes, scrub the surface of a small test area with a stiff bristled decking brush while the stripper is still wet to ensure the coating has been removed effectively. If it is not coming off, leave for a further 30 minutes and re-test
- Once the coating has been removed effectively, add a small amount of water to the surface and scrub the treated area to remove any debris
- Clean with a pressure washer, paying particular attention to the grooves between decking boards
- If a pressure washer is not available, rinse with a hose while scrubbing with a stiff bristled decking brush
- Ensure all remaining residues are washed away
- For stubborn areas, a 2nd coat may be required - follow the method outlined above
- Allow the wood to dry thoroughly (usually takes 2 days) before re-coating with a Ronseal Decking finish
Remove as much product as possible from brushes before cleaning. Clean brushes with water and detergent. Do not empty into drains or watercourses.