Always do a test area before starting any project to asses product suitability and final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times.
Care must be taken when applying in high temperatures or direct sunlight, as this will affect drying time. Do not apply when rain is imminent. The coating life will be reduced on horizontal surfaces and where the coating is in contact with the ground or pooled water.
- Stir thoroughly before and periodically during use to ensure a consistent finish.
- On new wood dilute the first coat with 10% water
- Apply evenly following the grain of the wood with a good quality synthetic brush
- Maintain a wet edge and avoid overlaps
- Apply the first coat
- Apply 2 further coats, lightly sanding between coats and allowing 4 hours drying time between each coat
Please note: Oak has an open grain texture and can be problematic with film forming coatings. It is imperative therefore that the grain is filled with coating before further coats are applied. Oak is not as resistant to weathering as oily hardwoods and therefore, needs better protection when used outdoors. The coating integrity cannot be guaranteed on green oak.
For full details, refer to the manufacturer's 'Technical Information Sheet' in the 'Datasheets' section above.