Always apply a small test area before beginning any project to assess consistency and compatibility of the product. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Before use, ensure the air temperature is above 18°C, the floor temperature is above 15°C (with under floor heating max 20°C) and the relative humidity is less than 70%. If necessary, bring the adhesive to the right temperature.
- Once opened, remove the protective foil and hardened adhesive from around the edges
- The adhesive should be applied evenly, using a notched trowel appropriate to the flooring being laid
- Once applied, if the adhesive has formed a skin, remove the adhesive and re-apply
- Do not allow more than 30 minutes of open time before firmly setting flooring into the adhesive. Higher humidity can decrease open time
- If some adhesive is pressed up in joints (so that it might come into direct contact with a finish or oil), remove it carefully or make sure that the adhesive is sufficiently cured before you apply the surface treatment
- For Best adhesion, the parquet needs the correct moisture content of the wood to be selected
Solid wood parquet should be slightly more humid whilst multi-layered or pre-finished parquet should be slightly drier. For example, in Central Europe average room conditions of 20°C and 50% relative air humidity can be expected. Pre-finished parquet shall have, on average 8%, solid parquet 9%. Typical deviations from the average are +/- 2%. Where doubts exist, avoid too dry material. Please also refer to the instructions for use provided by the parquet manufacturer.
Use a fine trowel for small pieces of wood and/or smooth substrates, and a coarse
trowel for large pieces of wood and/or less smooth and rough surfaces (F = fine, G = coarse) Bona Adhesive Trowel
- 10mm industrial parquet, mosaic parquet: approximately 850g/m², Bona Trowel 850 F or 850 G
- 2 layered prefinished parquet, 16mm industrial parquet solid parquet, tapis: approximately 1000g/m², Bona Trowel 1000 F or 1000 G
- 22mm strip flooring, 23mm industrial parquet, or 3-layered pre-finished parquet: approximately 1250g/m², Bona Trowel 1250 F or Bona 1250 G
- Solid planks: approximately 1500g/m², Bona Trowel 1500 F or Bona 1500 G
Please Note: Bona Titan can also be used for the installation of wood blocks RE (DIN 68702) with a maximum thickness of 30mm. Please get in contact with the Bona technical
department before the installation.
It is possible to apply load and stress to the floor after approximately 24 hours. Pre-finished floors can be used carefully after 6 hours. Any sanding and surface coating to be applied, may be carried out after 12-24 hours depending on the type of parquet, absorbency of the substrate and room climate.