Always do a test area before starting any project to check product suitability and compatibility. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times. The following climatic conditions must be met before using the primer:
- Air temperature: min. 18°C
- Floor temperature: min. 15°C (with underfloor heating max. 20°C)
- Relative Humidity (R.H): max. 70%
The product in itself must, if necessary, be brought to room temperature. Warm product reacts more quickly whereas cold product reacts more slowly.
The hardener supplied is the correct proportions for the container of R410.
- Add the hardener to the tub of R410 and mix thoroughly, e.g. using a drilling machine with a stirrer
- The usable life of Bona R410 adhesive once mixed with the hardener is approximately 20 minutes. It is therefore important that only the amount of product required at any one time is mixed with the hardener and used within this time frame
- If a second coat is required, a second batch should be mixed separately after the first coat has fully dried
- Apply the primer to the substrate using a microfibre roller, brush or trowel. All tools and application equipment must be clean as contamination from any residues may affect the properties of R410
- When used for damp-proofing (only on concrete and cement/sand screeds) the primer has to be generously applied twice and in alternate directions
- Wait until the primer has started to react (2-3 hours) before applying the second coat
- After applying the second layer, broadcast sand - 2 kg per square meter dry quartz sand (grain size 0.3-0.8 mm)
- Brush off the excess sand, rub with a stone for loosening unattached sand and remove excess sand with a vacuum cleaner
If Bona R410 DPM is being used as a primer, apply one layer of kiln dried sand onto the wet film (1kg per square meter). This will act as a key for a levelling compound to stick to, should it be required. If R770, R777 or R840, R850, R850T are to be used for gluing afterwards, the use of sand is not necessary.
Please note: This product is an epoxy resin so it is unlikely that any application rollers or brushes will be salvageable after use.
Coverage should only be used as a guide as the actual coverage can be affected by how the product is applied and the substrate.
- Primer / Surface hardener - Approx. 150 - 250 g/m²
- Moisture Barrier - Approx. 500 g/m²