07/07/2022: Purchase Ledger Clerk
We’re looking to recruit a Purchase Ledger Clerk on a full-time permanent contract (a part-time opportunity may be available at the discretion of the business). The chosen candidate will be responsible for the smooth operation of the purchase ledger within the business.
A bit about us: We’re an established business who started trading in 2006, we work with over 30 brands including several household names. Our online shop sell products all over the country and in 2021 we were voted the fastest growing business in the county.
Located in Folkestone our campus includes a shop, warehousing and offices where we fulfil orders for our 1000’s of clients who over the years have rated us excellent, we now have over 71,000 Trust Pilot reviews. We’re an ambitious company with an exciting expansion plan to grow even bigger.
Main Roles & Responsibilities:
- Data inputting across two systems
- Matching and coding invoices
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Calculating supplier rebates
- Resolving supplier queries
- Liaise with suppliers, purchasers and warehouse to deal with any invoice queries on delivery’s and pricing
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of weekly pay run
- Expense claims and credit cards
- Petty cash
- Adhoc financial projects and any other duties as required
Education & Experience:
- Must have previous Purchase Ledger experience within a similar industry
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and Sage accounting software
- Good attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills as will be required to communication both internally and externally
- ATT qualification advantageous but not essential
- Competitive salary
- Bank Holidays off plus 20 days holiday increasing by 1 day every year of employment (up to a maximum of 5 days), with an additional day off on your birthday!
- Great pension scheme
- Use of on-site gym facilities
- High street discounts
- Regular social events
- WFD shop discount
05/05/2022: Warehouse Operative
We have an exciting seasonal opportunity to join our ever-growing Warehouse team here at Wood Finishes Direct. In addition to being the market leader in our industry with a fantastic culture and work environment we are all dedicated to working together as one team. Our warehouses are based in Folkestone, Kent and we are the UK’s leading online retailer of wood finishing products.
This is a 6-month variable hours contract where you will be required to work anything from 0 – 40 hours a week as agreed with your Manager to suit the business needs.
There may be further opportunity for overtime in extremely busy periods. You will be required to work some early starts and Bank Holidays.
In addition to flexible candidates who can work 0-40 hours as required we are also seeking a number of candidates to work weekends only. Please specify your preference when applying.
Dependent upon both business and personal performance, there may be potential to secure a permanent contract.
· General warehouse duties
· Stock taking
· Keeping aisles and goods in areas & desks clean & tidy
· Working directly with the section leads
Full training will be provided for all the above. Experience of working in warehouse environment will be a distinct advantage.
· Ideally a minimum of 2 years warehouse operative experience, but not essential
· Strong communication skills and the ability to carry out instructions to a high standard
· Computer literate
· Ability to work within a team by providing friendly and helpful assistance to customers and co-workers
· Knowledge of warehouse Health and Safety is an advantage
· Strong attention to detail is essential
· Forklift license is an advantage
· Confident, professional manner
· Able to communicate well
· A strong work ethic with a self-managed attitude
· Positive overall approach
· Hard working with a can-do attitude
· Uniform will be provided
· 28 days’ holiday pro rata in each holiday year (inclusive of UK bank and public holidays) at your normal basic rate of pay
· Use of on-site gym facilities (Age 18 and over)
· Ongoing training and support
Contact email@example.com to apply for the role.