Always do a small test area before beginning any project to assess colour, consistency and compatibility of the final finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. Ensure product is thoroughly stirred before and during application, otherwise sheen and colour variations may be experienced. Sadolin Polyurethane Extra Durable Coloured Varnish is supplied ready for use. Do not thin.
Do not apply when air / substrate temperatures are below 8℃ or above 25℃, or if the relative humidity is above 80% during application or drying periods. Protect from water until dry. Failure to meet these requirements may adversely affect the drying, visual quality and durability of the finish.
- Apply in full flowing coats, laying off in the direction of the grain, ensuring all surfaces and end grains are fully coated
- For best results use a good quality, synthetic fibre bristle brush specifically designed for the application of water-borne products
- Finish with 2-3 full coats of Extra Durable Varnish, allowing 2 hours drying time between coats
- Avoid over brushing as this will cause brush marks and result in a poor quality finish
- Carefully de-nib between coats using a fine grade nylon abrasive pad or a fine grade (P240 or finer) wet or dry silicone carbide abrasive paper in the direction of the grain
- Do not break through the surface coating
- Remove any sanding dust
- All subsequent coatings should be applied as soon as possible after the previous coat has fully dried
Clean brushes and equipment with warm, soapy water and rinse with clean water immediately after use. If spilled, the varnish should be removed immediately while still wet, using clean water.