Always do a test area before starting any project to assess product suitability and finish. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the tin at all times. This product should be brush applied only, do not spray.
- Mix the Weathershield Preservative Primer+ (BP) thoroughly by shaking the container
- Pour out a sufficient amount of primer for the job into a suitable container
- Do not use direct from the can or return any unused primer to the container
- Do not thin
- Prime all bare wood with 2 coats of Weathershield Preservative Primer+ including any new or bare replacement beading
- Apply a second coat as soon as the first coat has soaked in. This typically takes 2-6 hours
- Do not allow the first coat to fully dry before applying the second coat, as this will reduce penetration into the wood and prolong the total drying time
- Allow 16 hours for the second coat to dry
- Excess primer should be wiped off surrounding paintwork
- Allow a minimum of 16 hours before overcoating with the Weathershield paint system
Please Note: When painting resinous wood or woodwork with a history of blistering it is advisable to use light colours only, particularly on south facing elevations. The maximum benefits of this system will only be realised when used as directed above on good quality timber that conforms to BS EN 942: 2007, in conjunction with good component design.