Always do a small test area before beginning any project to assess product performance and results. Follow the manufacturers instructions on the tin at all times.
Do not apply in temperatures below 5℃ or if rain is likely before the job is complete. Protect any areas around the deck being treated. Cuprinol Decking Restorer should not be allowed to come into contact with grass or plants as it may cause browning or die-back.
- Wearing suitable protective gloves, apply liberally with a Cuprinol Woodcare Brush
- Immediately after application, work into the surface of the wood using an abrasive pad, stiff bristle broom or brush
- Leave to stand until no further lightening occurs, but for no more than 15 minutes
- Work manageable areas at a time so that application, abrasion and washing off can be completed within 15 minutes
- Wash off with plenty of water using a watering can or hose. Do not use a high pressure washer
- Allow the decking to dry thoroughly before use
- In cases of severe greying, a further application may be required to fully restore decking
- It may be necessary to lightly sand or abrade the surface of the deck to remove loose fibres and give a smooth base before finishing with a suitable decking oil or stain