Always do a test area before starting any project to check suitability and compatibility and follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Allow product to reach room temperature. Optimal application conditions are between 18-25°C and 40-60% relative air humidity. High temperatures and low humidity shorten drying time, low temperatures and high humidity lengthen the drying time. Ensure good ventilation during application and drying. Minimum temperature for use is 13°C.
- Shake the container thoroughly before use and insert the supplied filter
- Apply an even coat of floor primer using your choice of applicator below, to ensure a uniform level of timber saturation and avoid timber colour variation
- Always maintain a "wet edge" to avoid overlaps
- It is not recommended to apply more than two full coats per day due to increased risk of excessive wood swelling
- Allow to dry in accordance with "Treatment Schedule" in Technical Information sheet above
- If Bona Sportive Primer has been allowed more than 24 hours drying time then an intermediate sanding is always required before applying further coats of varnish
- Remove any sanding dust before applying a top coat of Bona Sportive Finish