Always do a test area before starting any project to test product performance and suitability. Follow the manufacturer's instructions on the container at all times.
Due to the multitude of paint and varnish formulations, it is vital that a test area is done to determine which approach is effective for removing the coating on the project to hand.
- Apply the paste to a small test area in different thicknesses (1mm, 2mm, 3mm) to determine which thickness of Peelaway is required to remove the coating
- Test the product at different duration's i.e. 1 hour to 48 hours to see how effective each has been
Peel Away 7 will work slower under 5°C and will not work if temperature falls below 0°C. This product will not remove baked enamels, cement based paints or some types of 2 pack epoxy coatings.
- Apply PeelAway 7 with the provided spatula then cover with the PeelAway blanket
- Rub gently to ensure good adhesion and to remove any air bubbles
- Leave blanket between 30 minutes and 48 hours depending upon the results of the test patch
- Once the paste has permeated all of the layers, the blanket can be removed with the Peelaway Easy Grip Stripping Knife (sold separately)
- The stripping knife can also be used to remove any remaining residual from the surface
Please Note: Peelaway 7 has been designed to work on coatings produced from around 1972 onwards. If the area to be stripped has deeper layers from around 1972 and earlier, PeelAway 1 Paint Remover may be required to remove these older lead-based products. Be sure to read the manufacturer's instructions for use before applying to be sure you have the appropriate product for the project you are working on.